A cinematic journey into the heart of the Europe through the life-changing experience of young participants of Erasmus – the most ambitious mobility programme of our times.
The film’s characters leave the comfort zone of their country, to prove to themselves that they can survive in a foreign environment, overcoming their fears and adapting to different cultures and mentalities. Set against the current European crisis, fueled by unprecedented youth unemployment and fears about the refugee situation, their journeys offer a bird’s-eye view of a continent in transition, giving a sense of what the future holds.
French title: “Les Enfants d’Erasmus”
German title: „Erasmus: Europa für alle?“
- DIRECTOR Angeliki Aristomenopoulou & Andreas Apostolidis
- WRITERS Yuri Averof, Isabelle Maradan
- CINEMATOGRAPHY Konstantinos Koukoulios, Eleanor Bowman, Yannis Kanakis
- EDITOR Yuri Averof
- MUSIC Dónal Lunny
- RESEARCH Isabelle Maradan, Janine Louloudi, Nadja Drakoula
- PRODUCERS Rea Apostolides and Yuri Averof (Anemon), Cédric Bonin and Pascaline Geoffroy (Seppia), Rachel Lysaght (Underground Films) and Martichka Bozhilova (Agitprop)
- IN CO-PRODUCTION ARTE G.E.I.E. (Madeleine Avramoussis) and ERT
- WITH THE SUPPORT OF CNC, Region Grand Est, Ville de Strasbourg, Procirep-Angoa, the Bulgarian National Film Center and the Creative Europe - Media programme of the EU
- IN ASSOCIATION WITH Fís Éireann / Screen Ireland, RTE, RTP, MRKTV. BTV, CYBC