Discover the story and legacy of free-diver Jacques Mayol, whose life became the inspiration for Luc Besson’s cult-movie “The Big Blue”. Dolphin Man draws us into the world of Jacques Mayol, capturing his compelling journey and immersing viewers into the sensory and transformative experience of free-diving.
The film weaves together stunning contemporary underwater photography of the world’s leading free-divers with intimate testimonies of Mayol’s closest friends and rare film archive, to discover how the “dolphin man” brought a new consciousness to our relationship to the sea and to inner-selves.
- Best Documentary award of the Hellenic Film Academy
- Best Documentary award at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival
Titre français: L’Homme dauphin, sur les traces de Jacques Mayol
- DIRECTOR Lefteris Charitos
- WRITERS Yuri Averof, Lefteris Charitos
- CINEMATOGRAPHY Stelios Apostolopoulos
- EDITING David Kazala CCE
- MUSIC Mathieu Lamboley
- RESEARCH Erin Chisholm, Clément Dorival, Nina-Maria Heinonen, Masaki Sasamoto, Viviana Sebastio, Kyveli Short, Natsuko Takasago
- PRODUCERS Rea Apostolides & Yuri Averof (Anemon, Greece), Ed Barreveld (Storyline Entertainment, Canada), Estelle Robin (Les Films du Balibari, France) and Seiko Kato (Impleo, Japan)
- IN CO-PRODUCTION WITH ARTE G.E.I.E. (M.Avramoussis), WOWOW, Greek Film Centre and ERT, WITH THE SUPPORT OF the CNC, the Greek Film Centre, Pays de la Loire, The Sicilian Film Commission, ANEK and Creative Europe / Media
- IN ASSOCIATION WITH Knowledge, TVO, Canal D, SVT, RTS, YES DBS, CYBC
- WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF Canada Media Fund - OMDC - Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit - OMDC Film and TV Tax Credits
- WORLD DISTRIBUTION Jan Rofekamp, Films Transit