The Journey of Food
What are the origins of Greek food? How did geography, climate, biology, economy, society and culture define what we eat in South-East Europe? From Prehistory to Antiquity, and from the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires to the modern era, this 5-part doc series explores the ways in which diet in Greece and the Mediterranean has evolved and constantly redefined the destiny of its peoples. From age-old skills of survival and connectivity to modern-day diet-related epidemics, we travel from Greece to the Middle East, Italy and France, tracing the roots and many facets of a diet that has come to be viewed as a global model for good health.
- DIRECTORS Yuri Averof, Nikos Dayandas, Andreas Apostolidis, Lefteris Charitos
- WRITERS Rea Apostolides, Yuri Averof, Andreas Apostolidis
- CINEMATOGRAPHY Stelios Apostolopoulos, Dimitris Kassimatis
- EDITOR Yuri Averof
- MUSIC Dimitris Desyllas
- RESEARCH Coordinated by the John S. Latsis Foundation. Production Managers: Leonidas Liambeys, Janine Louloudi, Ilektra Peppa
- PRODUCERS Rea Apostolides & Yuri Averof
- PRODUCED IN ASSOCIATION WTH the John S. Latsis Foundation and SKAI TV – Greece.