The ancient Greek coastal town of Elefsina has been chosen to be the cultural capital of Europe in 2021. But it hides a dark secret. Surrounded by heavy industry that leak toxic pollutants into the sea, the bay has also become a cemetery of abandoned ships that spell disaster for its aquatic ecosystems and cut off the inhabitant’s access to the sea.
Using film and photography, two Greek female creators investigate a dystopian city left to its fate, at loggerheads with the European vision of a world where the environment is protected for the benefit of present and future generations.
- FILMMAKER Marianna Economou
- INTERACTIVE NARRATIVE Myrto Papadopoulos
- CINEMATOGRAPHY Carlos Muñoz, Myrto Papadopoulos, Marianna Economou
- RESEARCH Fjoralba Koka, Maria Sidiropoulou
- EDITING Evgenia Papageorgiou
- PRODUCERS Rea Apostolides, Yuri Averof
- IN CO-PRODUCTION WITH Edda Baumann-von Broen (Avanti Media)
- WITH THE SUPPORT OF iMEdD / Stavros Niarchos Foundation