The story of how the coexistence of different peoples during the Ottoman Empire ended with the rise of nationalisms and conflict. A documentary based on the first photographs and films of the Balkans on the occasion of the centenary of the Balkan Wars.
The documentary is accompanied by lesson plans for children and teenagers between 11-18 years-old, to encourage students to learn more about the history of the Balkans (click PDF above to download).
- Produced in the framework of the cross-media project A Balkan Tale
- FOCAL AWARD 2014
- DIRECTOR Andreas Apostolidis
- EDITOR Giorgos Helidonidis
- RESEARCH Leonidas Liambeys
- HISTORICAL ADVISOR Christina Koulouri
- PRODUCERS Rea Apostolides & Yuri Averof
- IN ASSOCIATION WITH Goethe-Insitut Athen, European Commission