The Call of the Mountain
The story of a man who abandons his wife and eight-year-old son in Athens following the murder of his cousin, Ilias, in the White Mountains of Crete. Returning to the small, remote community where he grew up, Yiannis confronts his past and pledges to honour his cousin by tending the family herd. He struggles to carry on Ilias’ calling, a dying tradition kept alive by a handful of isolated men, high on the barren mountainsides of Crete overlooking the Libyan Sea.
- DIRECTOR/CINEMATOGRAPHER Stelios Apostolopoulos
- EDITOR George Helidonidis
- MUSIC Giorgos Xylouris, Nikos Veliotis
- PRODUCERS Rea Apostolides & Yuri Averof
- IN CO-PRODUCTION WITH ARTE, ERT, the Greek Film Center