Venus de Milo
VENUS DE MILO: DISARMING BEAUTY
Along with the Mona Lisa, she is the star of the Louvre Museum. Ever increasing numbers of visitors flock in their millions to pay their respects. She has been a source of fascination and inspiration ever since her discovery on the island of Milos in 1820. From romantics to surrealists, artists, film directors and writers obsessively worship her.
She is the disarmed beauty – the Venus de Milo. Two metres of white marble and mystery, onto which fantasies have been projected for the last two centuries. Why her? How, out of all ancient masterpieces, has she become this timeless and universal pop icon? The film revisits her history to lift the veil on one of the most beautiful enigmas in the history of art.
- A FILM BY Natacha Giler
- EDITING Cécile Perraut
- IMAGE Evgenia Alexandrova, Carles Muñoz Gómez-Quintero, Raphaël O'Byrne, Tom Van Houtryve
- MUSIC Timothée Girerd
- PRODUCERS Christian Popp (Yuzu), Rea Apostolides and Yuri Averof (Anemon)
- IN CO-PRODUCTION WITH ARTE France, Cosmote TV
- IN ASSOCIATION WITH SVT, CNC, Procirep-Angoa
- WITH THE SUPPORT OF Creative Europe, Ile-de-France Region
- WORLD SALES Reservoir Docs