A Balkan Tale
A cross-media project about the cultural heritage of the Ottoman Era in the Balkans, aiming to promote a sense of common history based on religious and ethnic co-existence. The project is based on an exhibition of 50 specially commissioned photographs of Muslim, Christian and Jewish monuments in the Balkans, shot by five award winning photographers from Athens, Belgrade, Prizren, Skopje and Tirana.
The photographs are accompanied by texts written by a team of historians across the region, a documentary, educational programs, historical walks, photography competitions for school children and adults, as well as a colour catalogue, available for sale in English.
- PROJECT EDITOR Christina Koulouri
- PHOTOGRAPHERS Jutta Benzenberg, Kamilo Nollas, Ivan Blazhev, Samir Karahoda, Ivan Petrovic
- HISTORICAL ADVISOR Tulay Artan
- PRODUCERS Rea Apostolides & Yuri Averof
- IN ASSOCIATION WITH Goethe-Institut